If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Just another manic monday!

I am beyond happy that today is indeed MONDAY!
My excitement blossomed from the fact that it is NO LONGER DRILL WEEKEND. 

I have a true love/hate relationship with drill weekends.
Your constantly yelled at, doing push ups & marching in the heat until your feet are raw.
But in a mind boggling sadistic way after its all said and done, it is seriously fun.
 
The biggest drags have got to be : 
  1. Going to the long drawn out, boring classes, that have to do with military stuff, rules so on and so forth.
  2. Chow - eating food that you don't necessarily want to eat (because sometimes its gross) & because if you don't eat it, your not going to eat anything until about 5:30pm when you get home
  3. standing at the position of attention & having an itch that's so bad you want to itch it but cant because if you do... your whole platoon is going to get smoked.
  4. Itching that itch - & getting smoked 
My favorite attributes of drill weekends:
  1. I am getting paid to get the worlds BEST work out!
  2. Free food
  3. I get to work on my sock tan!
  4. Get to do crazy neat obstacle courses, paint ball, ultimate football, swim with all our gear on (might not sound like fun but when you are out side ALL DAY LONG in the summer heat .... its great fun)
  5. Getting stuck on gun duty while everyone else is out side in the heat!
  6. Learning to do Armed exhibition drills. 
       4:00 am got my PT uniform on
       I tend to look jolly before Drill and after Drill weekend I tend to look kind of like this...
      Incredibly disturbing. 

      and today my amazingly generic Monday was spent laying on a lot of ice packs
      On base trying to get my paper work all sorted out
      Had lunch at La grande orange with My mother in law Nancy & Sister in law Kelly
      & now I am back at home snuggling those ice packs.. 
      Here's to Manic Monday's !